Hematology section offers hema-tological services as well as blood banking services.
The salient features of the section are:
- Fully automated 5 part & 3 part differential hematology analyzers
- Blood smears are evaluated by leading hematologists
- Blood Banking Services
FROZEN SECTION SERVICES
- Urgent intra-operative diagnosis.
- Rapid communication of result in less than 30 minutes.
- Reporting of biopsies, complex cases and cancer specimens, including:
- Small biopsies
- Excision specimens
- Referred cases
- H&E slide preparation for outside labs
IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY (IHC) SERVICES
- Large panel of immunohistochemical stains.
- Breast cancer receptors panel (ER, PR & HER2) at economical rates.
- IHC slide preparation facility for outside labs & research purposes
KIDNEY BIOPSY SERVICES
- Routine H&E, special stains and Immunofluorescence studies
- Rapid results for clinically urgent cases
- Regular MDT meetings with nephrologists
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) by pathologist with on-site diagnosis
- Rapid on-site evaluation for radiology assisted FNA.
- Fluids, urine and effusions cytology with cytospin slide preparation, increasing diagnostic yield
- Cytology reporting of FNA review slides (from outside labs)
- PAP smears reporting using Bethesda system
- Bronchial/biliary brushing and washing cytology reporting
- CBC with 5 parts differential
- Coagulation profile
- Smear reviewed by consultant haematologist
- Bone Marrow procedure in subsidized rates (with 1 free IHC when required)
- Review cases (Bone marrows, peripheral smears)
- Sudan Black B & PAS (for acute leukaemias)
- Perl’s stain
Thalassaemia Screening Package
- Electrophoresis with CBC and peripheral smear
Bleeding Disorders Screening Package
- CBC with Iron Profile ( S/Iron, TIBC, S/Ferritin and Percent saturation) with RBC morphology