The Department of Oral Medicine and Diagnostics deals with the complaints of patients presenting with diseases of the oral cavity alone or as a complication of systemic disease. The Diagnostics and Radiology Department work in collaboration to deal with patients that present in the outpatient clinic. These patients are received, evaluated and referred from here to various other departments.
In the Oral Medicine Department, patients presenting with multiple orofacial conditions & lisione are addressed. This is a unique department and one of its kind in town. The early diagnosis of malignant lesions, especially squamous cell carcinomas is made and steps for prevention makes this setup a valuable entity to the hospital. Apart from malignancies, other conditions including orofacial pain, infections affecting the head and neck, mucocutaneous and ulcerative lesions are also well dealt and treated.
- Evaluation and diagnosis of conditions in the oral cavity
- Counseling of patients presenting with psychological orofacial pain
- Nonsurgical management of patients suffering from facial pain.
- Nonsurgical management of diseases of the oral cavity.
- Biopsies of suspected malignant lesions for diagnosis
- Evaluation and management of viral and fungal infections and oral manifestations of various systemic diseases
- Evaluation and treatment of temporomandibular Joint disorders
- Excision of lesions that may lead to complications
- Evaluation of salivary glands and their treatment
- Evaluation of children presenting with complaints of oral cavity due to infection and their nonsurgical management.
Dr. Maria Noor
Assistant Professor & HOD
Dr. Zain Akram
BDS, MSc (Oral Medicine)
Dr. Salima Naveed Manji
Dr. Zainab Usman
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
UAN : +92 42-111-555-600, Ext:529