Fatima Memorial Hospital offers Laparoscopic Surgery for its patients. This is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions (usually 0.5–1.5 cm) as opposed to the larger incisions.
The recovery times from these procedures are usually much shorter. FMH provides a complete range of general and Gynecological surgery by this method.
At Fatima Memorial Hospital, we have the state of the art laparoscopic theatre setup with the most recent and modern technologically advance gadgetry at our disposal e.g. a high definition multichip visual system which would make laparoscopy a success story for any advance & complicated operative procedure. Besides, our anesthesia team with the surgical ICU is capable of taking care of critically ill patients subjected to advance laparoscopic intervention. Last but not the least, the surgical expertise available is rich in experience and competence which makes the backbone of this advance laparoscopic & vascular surgery facility.
WHY USE LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY?
- Better cosmetic results, minute incisions.
- Less postoperative pain, less need for pain killers.
- No huge wounds.
- No hernias & wound infection.
- Shorter hospital stay.
- Faster return to normal activity.
- Better heart, lung & immune function after surgery.
- No increase in the risk of complications in experienced hands.
- Lower incidence of adhesion & obstruction post operatively.
- Access to cavity areas not amenable to open surgery.
- Better post operative body image compared to conventional surgery
List of surgeries available
- Operative Cholangiography
- Laparoscopic management for Bile Duct Injuries
- Laparoscopic Management for Bile Duct Stones