Fatima Memorial Hospital has developed specialised Neonatal unit, the first of its kind in Punjab. Our neonatal unit has a unique combination of advanced technology and trained Consultant Neonatologists, making it a pioneer in advanced neonatal care in Pakistan. Our Neonatal unit is unique in many respects as compared to other hospitals:
- We have Neonatal consultants and team of senior registrars who specialize in Neonatal medicine.
- We provide 24/7 emergency services to sick neonates with the services of our team of senior neonatal doctors.
- We provide 24/7 coverage of Neonatal ICU which is monitored by specialist senior registrars and consultant Neonatologists.
- Our Neonatal team members are present at all high risk and complicated deliveries and C-sections.
- We have started sub-speciality training in Neonatology in our unit after been recognized by College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan.
- Our unit has state of the art and latest ventilators which can provide non-invasive, conventional and high frequency ventilation.
- Our Neonatal ICUs are well equipped with warmers, incubators, monitors, syringe pumps, infusion pumps, LED phototherapy lights etc.
- We have nursing staff in neonatal units, who have extensive experience in caring for the sick and tiny babies.
- We use minimally invasive blood sampling technique, i.e. capillary heel sampling, which is a standard practice internationally.
- We deal with tiny babies of all gestations, as low as 24 weeks.
- Neonatal team is an integral part of Feto-Maternal unit, which manages antenatal care, high risk deliveries, congenital anomalies, precious pregnancies etc. so as to ensure adequate and timely care of these precious babies.
- We provide surgical and post-surgical care to neonates, who need surgical intervention.
- We care for critically sick babies who are born elsewhere and then referred to us from other parts of Lahore and Punjab.
- We offer specialized newborn care services such as thyroid screening, hearing screening, screening for congenital heart disease, vaccination, screening for retinopathy of prematurity, follow-up care of sick babies, and growth and development of neonates.
Our Neonatal Team Comprises of 2 Neonatologists (consultants) and 6 specialist senior registrars. The consultants are:
Dr. Zahid Anwar
Associate Professor/HOD Neonatology
MBBS, FCPS Paediatric & Neonatology, MRCPCH, MCPS
Dr. Rafia Gul
MBBS, FCPS (Paediatric), FCPS (Neonatology)